Monday, January 2, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


Wow that was a break longer than expected!!!
I had all intentions of coming back last week, but with daddy still at home ( goes back to work tomorrow) we kinda chilled out and just didnt do a whole heap so I figured I would enjoy the time while it lasted :)
How was all your christmas/new years?? Did you miss me??
I spent Christmas with my family this year for the first time in a long time. My folks are finally retired from the Middle East so it was great to spend Christmas with them.
Some of us were still coping with being lethargic after being sick ( I caught something at the last moment, of course) but we still had a ball. My kids were totally awestruck by the Christmas windows in the city and the HUGE christmas tree and at one point Jumeirah even said " I wished we still lived here!" but away from the pretty lights and hustle and bustle, we spent this afternoon at the beach ( which took us less than 10 minutes to get to) and I realised that this is a perfect corner of the world for us right now :)
We did get to go to one park though, that I loved for many reasons, but the biggest one was it was a huge flash back to about 6 1/2 years ago... this is a photo of Jumeirah and I, in a tree at Fagan park, Dural. It was before I got myself together and became the mum I am today.



I was a new mum, one who thought it would be a piece of cake, but found it so very different to what I imagined. I wish I could go back and hug that self and let her know it would all be ok :) 
This is that mum ( and now much bigger girl!) now :)




Still a mum learning, but one who loves this job more than anything Ive ever done.
The thing that this photo also makes me realise another sad truth.... I still hide behind my kids in photos. THIS year ( yes I have started every year for the last 10 years like this) I am getting rid of the excess baggage... from the mind and from the body.
Its a big year for our little family... new jobs, a new baby in the family ( I cant even tell you how excited I am to be an Aunty again!! Hopefully soon...) and new prospects for me too :)
I still will be at home with two cherubs for most of the week, Jared will start preschool this week for two days so its just me and the monkey for those two days, so I still aim to enlighten you with cool crafts and things. Maybe not everyday, but you'll cope with that :)
Id love to see your blogs too, if you have one!

2 comments:

  1. I love the chubby little baby picture of Jumeirah. Isn't it crazy how time flies. When they are screaming newborns, the nights seem like they will never end. Now here they are all big. *sniff, sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  2. sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset ;) xx

    karina

    ReplyDelete