Friday, August 19, 2011

friday photo :Be still

Had one of those moments this week, just between me and God.

Its been a crazy week, one where I have been lost inside my own head, thoughts whirling through and out again, nothing really staying still, nothing really getting done, everything just all up in the air....

Yesterday I got up and went for a walk, mostly because I was awake and couldnt get back to sleep but also because I knew it would still my mind. ( Its funny that the one time of day I can be alone with my thoughts and more often than not, my mind goes blank :) )

As I arrived at the beach on the grey and stormy looking morning, I watched in awe at the sun, powering through the clouds at every possible hole it could. I was blown away by the quiet but awesome power it seemed to show in this beautiful display.
And I was stopped, the problems and things I had to sort out left as I just let the moment BE.


And how thankful for that moment I was. Remembering that though at times everything seems out of control, out of focus, off course, with no direction, God knows EXACTLY whats is, what has been, and whats going to be.


moment

So I let go and was still, and enjoyed this moment of clarity when the worries drift away, even for a little while, and I can just enjoy the sunrise and a calm heart :)

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you and I have had the same kind of week. I have spent the week drudging through and trying to be myself. But I have been battling my mind and thoughts.
    I will be praying for you , my dear friend. It sounds like you had a beautiful moment with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete